Saturday 21 September 2013

Vogue Fashion Night Out & Soft Ricky

In 5 days I will have lived in Paris for a month. I am absolutely loving here and don't really seem to have that much time on my hands to blog! But from now on I promise I will write one every week. 

For those who don't know what I'm doing in Paris, I'm here on my ERASMUS year abroad. I'm an intern at a fashion recruitment company and living in Bastille with my lovely new flat mate, Maya. Without sounding unbelievably cringe I genuinely walk round with a huge grin on my face every day- My job is amazing, my flat is perfect and everything seems to be looking up! 

This may be especially because of some of the perks I get for working where I work. Invitations are posted to our office every day, some for showroom openings, some for fashion shows and others for cocktail evenings to launch a new collection. This week Alice, Lucy and I got to attend two of these.



Essentially Vogue Fashion Night Out is an evening in the 8th arr of Paris when 130 shops are open until late. Some shops you can get into without an invite and can maybe sneak a glass of champagne however the majority require an invitation. Luckily we had four invitations which gave us access to all of the shops.

If you read my blog often you probably know that I'm not a fashion freak, I don't tend to blog about what I'm wearing or what styles I follow. But working in the fashion business means you cannot escape it and and it's something that I'm really starting to enjoy.


Unfortunately I couldn't take many photos as cameras weren't allowed in the majority of the stores.



Most offered champagne and nibbles (obviously these were our favourite) whilst others had DJs and popcorn machines.
Overall a really really great night. The energy on the streets is great and I felt like I'd entered a completely different world surrounded by French Fashionistas and BNOCs.


On Thursday night Alice, Lucy and I headed to the Ralph Lauren store on rue Montaigne, right near the Champs-Elysees as we were invited to their launch of Soft Ricky, which I seriously took a fancy to.


Once again champagne was-a-flowing as were canapes!







Soft Ricky


I fell in love with the green one at the bottom.








I have a feeling I'm going to have to get used to this. Not such a challenge I don't think?!

On another note, here is my gorgeous bedroom. I have made myself at home with all of my birthday cards (I have a feeling they won't be coming down for a while!)


And have even made my own hand-made fairy lights.


Thank you to Jo and Imo for buying me my Whittard's tea and Hot Chocolate for my birthday. Maya and are making scones on Tuesday night so they will go perfectly.


Anyway, I've got to head off. I've been encouraged to go to a Cat Cafe. I don't even really know what this is but I'm sure you will see a post at some point about this.....

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment